B i o g r a p h y
POWER-ACOUSTIC MODERN-ALTERNA-ROCK... writes one reviewer!
In early 1996, after growing increasingly frustrated with focusing on projects showcasing the music of other talented musicians, an outlet for Michaels high-energy, no-holds-barred originals was needed. The resulting critically acclaimed team drives home his unique brand of original rock. Blending styles and influences from Richie Havens to King's X, and Dave Matthews to Seal!! I love mixing rock, funk, and pop influences with acoustic and electric guitars, strong vocals, and a kick ass rhythm section.
In 1997 they released their first album, Beneath It All. This gutsy Milesh Records debut attracted national product endorsements and garnered impressive reviews and airplay on a variety of regional radio as they played the Mid-Atlantic extensively to support the release. In the spring of 2002, Milesh Records released the much anticipated second album, Ghost Of A Chance. Michael followed that with two solo records, Joyfully: A Christmas Wish in 2003, and Private Stock Vol. 1 hitting the streets in 2004! They continue a steady schedule throughout their territory as CD sales and venue attendance grows at consistent rates.
Taking his music to new levels, while earning rave reviews from fans and critics is nothing new to Michael and his group of seasoned professionals. As a member of Milkshake, a touring rock band for kids, Michael shares a GRAMMY NOMINATION for their 2009 release, Great Day! He has also earned several prestigious industry awards including 6 WAMMIE AWARDS (21 Nominations) for Best Male Vocalist and Best Artist/Group in the Rock/Pop, and Alternative Categories from the Washington Area Music Association; several Mid-Atlantic Readers Poll Awards, and 4 Mid-Atlantic Songwriters Awards.
Shared stage credits include Johnny A, Journey, The Tubes, Fishbone, Tony Levin, Tina Turner, Pat McGee Band, Steve Morse Band, Hootie & the Blowfish, Salt-N-Pepa, Seven Mary Three, King's X, Todd Rundgren, Creed, Summer Camp, Primus, and Rick Ocasek.
A Lenny Kravitzs sense of groove and style, the artistry of Peter Gabriel, and the intensity and power of Live while impossible to pigeon-hole into any one category, his show is, according to critics, not to be missed!
A passionate collaboration of heart, soul, mind, and musical integrity...
"...percussive and melodic playing that reminds me
of the great Richie Havens!"
-- Junior Marvin (Bob Marley and the Wailers)
Singer-Songwriter, Producer, Vocalist, Guitarist
Milkshake+, The Michael Sheppard Group, Y-Not!?, Egypt
member: NARAS, ASCAP, SAG, AFTRA, WAMA
+ A 2009 GRAMMY® NOMINATED ARTIST
The 52nd Annual Grammy® Awards / NARAS
* Former V.P. on Songwriters Association of Washington (SAW) for 3 consecutive years. Currently serving on Board as Member-At-Large.
* A 22time WASHINGTON AREA MUSIC ASSOCIATION AWARD (Wammies™) Nominee for Songwriter of the Year, Best Jazz Contemporary Male Vocalist, Artist of the Year, Best Artist/Group, Best Male Vocalist.
* A 6 time WAMMIE™ AWARD Recipient for Best Male Vocalist, Best New Artist, Best Artist/Group.
* Mid-Atlantic Musician Readers Poll Awards for Best Front Person, Jazz Vocalist, Funk/Alternative Vocalist, & Rock Vocalist.
* Awarded Multiple Vocal and Performance Scholarships
* A 5 time Recipient of SAW Mid-Atlantic Song Writers Contest Awards (MASC)
* As Producer, shares 4 HONORABLE MENTIONS from The BILLBOARD WORLD SONG CONTEST